LAND studio seeks a temporary staff member who is excited to enhance the urban environment through planning and promotion of public spaces and public art.
Paid internship - $15/hour, full time (40hrs/week), November 2021 - February 2022
Working directly with Cleveland residents and organizational partners, the selected candidate will serve as staff support in the development of public space and artwork installation initiatives throughout Cleveland neighborhoods and in public settings.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent graphics skills and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite. The ability to support LAND staff in project coordination, event preparation, and data management.
Please submit a link to graphic design work along with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be reviewed through October 25 with interviews to follow.
Specific duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting program, marketing, and development staff in a variety of capacities
- Creating content for printed and online materials, such as newsletters, emails, letters, etc.
- Providing marketing support (social media, events, annual campaign, etc.)
- Preparing meeting materials
- Assisting with proposals and grant requests
- Assisting with public art installations
- Creating project presentations
- Organization/categorization of project and/or grant materials
- Attendance at meetings
- Daily communication with staff leadership
- Able to take direction and feedback on production of work materials
- Capable of working closely with a variety of people (artists, business owners, government, area residents)
- Willingness to work on several projects at a time
- Able to ask for feedback and help with prioritization of work
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Able to handle physical nature of public programming and/or events (set-up assistance, moving of materials, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
Hours, Dates, and Remote Office Requirements
LAND studio hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. The candidate should be available for full time (40 hours/week) between November 2021 and February 2022. The intern will work remotely and/or at the LAND studio office, based on LAND’s current policy, and will need access to their own computer and internet. The applicant should be available for Cleveland area site visits and events which would be conducted using CDC protocols for social distancing, etc. Events and/or project meetings could occur during both daytime and evening hours and occasional weekends. The term of this position is temporary and flexible.
Employer’s History +Mission
LAND studio was formed in 2011 through the merger of Cleveland Public Art (CPA) and ParkWorks, two of Cleveland's leading non-profit organizations focused on enhancing public spaces. LAND studio's mission is to create places and connect people through public art, sustainable building and design, collaborative planning and dynamic programming. Please visit our website, www.land-studio.org for more information.